Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boar Bristle Brush & Hair Regrowth

Hello,

I've read quite a few people's personal experiences on the internet about how they have used a boar bristle brush in order to combat their hair loss.

The theory behind this seems to be that men these days tend not to take the time to brush their hair anymore, thus resulting in little to no blood flow to their scalp. Also, brushing is thought by some people to have a negative effect on hair & scalp. This type of brush seems to be built in a way that it can stimulate the scalp and increase blood flow to hair follicles without being too harsh and damaging to the hair and skin.

I've recently purchased one and have started brushing for a few minutes a day to see if it actually works. I know that i am losing my hair and so i shave my head. Based on this i don't really have anything to lose if it doesn't work or makes things worse. I think however that i may be having some success as i have noticed very small delicate hairs have sprang up where my hair has receded, and i know they weren't there before.

I don't wanna speak too soon, but i'm quite pleased so far so i'm really gonna give this a go. I'll try and get hold of a digi camera and start taking photos to chronicle my progress or lack thereof

That's my story so far....

I don't suppose anyone else has any related stories, successful or not?

Tomas

Re: Boar Bristle Brush & Hair Regrowth

Welcome to the boards. If you stick around a little longer, you'll get to see your brush taken away from you, cast into the furnace, and burned into a million little pieces over a fire of nizoral, minoxidil, and finasteride.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

I had a boar bristle brush but I swapped it for some magic beans.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.f
    I had a boar bristle brush but I swapped it for some magic beans.
    How are those working out for you? I thought I saw some regrowth, but I think it may have been the pixie dust I bought online.

How are those working out for you? I thought I saw some regrowth, but I think it may have been the pixie dust I bought online.
    Are you still on the PixieMax LaserBeans?

I don't think brushing your hair more often will grow back hair. I also don't believe that people who don't brush their hair experience hair loss.

Been using the brush since February, along with other things. I can't say too much about the hair growth, but it feels good to brush your hair with it. It feels nice on the scalp. Also, in general, it is great for brushing your hair forward (if you are a diffuse thinner like me) because it does a great job of spreading your hair out across the scalp.

I don't think you can rule out blood circulation entirely from hair loss. Sure, DHT plays a major role, but also consider blood circulation. If you are not encouraging blood circulation to the area, then the hair follicles are not receiving essential nutrients, etc and thus not healthy. So, I brush for this reason.

Brushing your hair with a boar bristle brush may work because of a few factors. It may help offset/remove fibrosis. It may help with WNT signaling.

And it does feel damn good! I brush the hell out of my head with a boar bristle brush a few times a week. Also dermaroll 2x a week on days where I don't use the boar brush.
    OMG, I looked at finasteride and my penis turned black! But you know what they say. Once you go black, you never go back...

el oh el

Hello again,

I've had another close look at my hair and those little fine hairs are popping up all over the place. It almost looks like my hair line is reforming.

I know it probably can't compare to some of the treatments out there, but i don't have much money and this seems to be having some good results. I'm still staying reasonably sceptical though.