Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do you buy GREEN green tea?

Is green tea supposed to be green? Why is it that every bag I've bought makes brown tea?
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

Re: Where do you buy GREEN green tea?

I buy mine from Greenland.

Original tea is made with tea leaves, which are very green. What makes it look brown is the fact that they are dried out

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Curtis
    Original tea is made with tea leaves, which are very green. What makes it look brown is the fact that they are dried out
    So it is just the chlorophil then? The anti-oxidants are still good?
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    Is green tea supposed to be green? Why is it that every bag I've bought makes brown tea?
    the finished tea should look like amber once its been steeped.

Green tea does not look brown. It looks green and when you brew it, it looks green. As far as i know low quality green tea turns brown immediately. I would totally avoid tea in bags cause they put leftover low quality tea dust in them. Buy some full leaf tea. Good tea costs money.

Quote Originally Posted by propaganda

Green tea does not look brown. It looks green and when you brew it, it looks green. As far as i know low quality green tea turns brown immediately. I would totally avoid tea in bags cause they put leftover low quality tea dust in them. Buy some full leaf tea. Good tea costs money.

These are dried tea leaves. They look brown.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    Then it's not proper green tea. By the way white tea is better that green tea, has less caffeine and more antioxidants, but it stilll looks green when you brew it.

[quote=Ian Curtis][quote=propaganda][quote="Ian Curtis":3fzvlzii]Original tea is made with tea leaves, which are very green. What makes it look brown is the fact that they are dried out [/quote]

Green tea does not look brown. It looks green and when you brew it, it looks green. As far as i know low quality green tea turns brown immediately. I would totally avoid tea in bags cause they put leftover low quality tea dust in them. Buy some full leaf tea. Good tea costs money.[/quote]

These are dried tea leaves. They look brown.[/quote:3fzvlzii]

Good job posting a picture of oolong tea from wiki. Oolong is not a green tea. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolong"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oolong[/url]
    "somewhere between green and black in oxidation"
    Oolong is oxidized tea. That's why it's brown/black.
    Here is random picture from google how green tea looks like depending on what parts of the plant were used.
    http://www.orientalherb.com/images/green_tea_large.jpg
    Green tea looks green in a dried state.

I've been busted then...