Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Philosoraptor's Story - (23/Big 3)

July 18, 2009: Week 20

Shedding still. And still it is only bad hairs. I still have thick healthy hairs all over my frontal area and in my hairline/temples but density is very low. Hoping to get thicker hairs coming from those fallen hairs soon. Nothing else to say really. Still keeping to my regimen. Almost at 5 months and I'm looking for some results by 6 months. If not, well I'll keep living my life.

Until next week.

July 24, 2009: Week 21

My hair looks worse every week. Density is low up front, but my hair line hasn't budged at all. In fact my right temple and moved down some. But the entire frontal area is just awful.

It's frustrating as all hell to know I am being active about this problem and get no results. I know there is still time for improvement as nothing is slick bald yet, but I feel like I am in a bad relationship now with my hair.

Still hoping. Until next week...

July 31, 2009: Week 22

MONTH 5

It has been exactly 5 months since beginning my regimen. And it looks like I have done nothing at all. Advanced thinning in the temples. Frontal area is a mess. Crown is starting to thin and through the vertex. The weird thing though is that my hairline hasn't budged. Sure they aren't the greatest of hairs, but it is still there and in fact my left temple has rounded out and my right is lowering slightly.

I was looking at old pictures and saw one from back in 2005 and I had minor thinning then in the temples. I had never realized it. It was never noticeable to me until late 2007. So it has been happening for a long time slowly, but these past 5 months have been brutal.

My (hopeful) theory is that getting on the meds caused the weaker hairs to go into telogen phase. As back in April I had a lot of thin hairs but decent density so I wasn't too bothered. Now my density is awful, but I still have thick hairs all over the frontal area. I started shedding pretty badly beginning in mid May and I feel lately that it has mostly stopped.

When I would do a tug test I would pull out club hairs but they were always weak hairs. So my hope is that when these areas go back into anagen phase that they are producing thicker hairs. My shedding started happening heavily in May so by the end of August-mid September they should restart the anagen phase. If by then I am worse off I am going to try doing Dut every other day with the fin.

Longer post than usual for the 5 month mark. Until next week.

August 8, 2009: Week 23

Continuing the trend of worse every week. Crown thinning is becoming more noticeable. I seem to have stopped shedding for the moment. I can't even pull the hair out anymore.

I'm starting to think that this is just what is going to happen and there isn't anything I can do about it. I'm going to keep trying though.

I deleted my earlier pics of when I started my regimen because I hated looking at them. So here are two pics. One from Mid April and one from last weekend. Taken at slightly different angles and slightly different hair lengths.

In April I had decent density, but they were mostly miniaturized hairs. Since then a lot of these have fallen out, and density is bad.I still haven't seen any thick hairs falling out, only thin ones. Hoping for some thickening/regrowth end August/mid September as that will be 90-100 days after my bad shedding began.

So here they are.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah pretty big shed dude, sorry to hear, I hope it picks up in the coming weeks.

Are you using foam or liquid? You could think about chucking in something like Spiro maybe? Or I read Emu Oil had some good signs in growing hair in the frontal region
    What did you just call me? Say my name!

Tyler Durden, Tyler Durden, you ****ing freak!

Using liquid. Got a bunch for cheap.

I will look into other treatment options in September if I continue to worsen.

Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor

Yeah I wouldn't be to worried yet, just be patient. You are still relatively early in your treatment, I think after a year it should have come back in a bit thicker and fin will be doing its job.

Keep us updated, you look like you have a good head for it shaved which is always a good thing/
    What did you just call me? Say my name!

Tyler Durden, Tyler Durden, you ****ing freak!

August 15, 2009: Week 24

I feel like my shedding has stabilized this week. Density is low, but I still have thick healthy hairs up front. Temples are still bad, but still there. There is a quarter sized circle on my crown that is thinning. Hard to get a good look at it, but it doesn't look too noticeable. Going to add spiro if my shed hairs don't grow in thicker in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden
    Quote Originally Posted by philosoraptor

Yeah I wouldn't be to worried yet, just be patient. You are still relatively early in your treatment, I think after a year it should have come back in a bit thicker and fin will be doing its job.

Keep us updated, you look like you have a good head for it shaved which is always a good thing/
    agreed

it's wise to wait a year with one regiment before you go adding variables to the mix