Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Can milk based products cause hair loss?

Hi,

Have a question. Is there any kind of relation between eating a lot of milk based products (link milk, cheese, etc) and hair loss?

Would appreciate your answers.

Re: Can milk based products cause hair loss?

dude its probably mbp not the milk in your corn flakes thats causing your hair to fall out...

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsthatguy
    dude its probably mbp not the milk in your corn flakes thats causing your hair to fall out...
    I understand but is there no connection to milk in any case?
    My hair started to fall when I was very young (like 18), and right now I'm 24 and almost bold...

so you lost your hair young and... you think milk was related? sorry i dont see the connection.

Dairy products can't "cause" mpb but they can accelerate the process if you have the genetics for it. Milk comes from a very large pregnant mammal and it contains lots of hormones many of which are readily converted to DHT in the human body.

There have been studies done that linked the rise of teenage acne (acne is also caused by androgens) in western society with the consumption of milk and milk products.

Non organic milk might be very poor in zinc, so the correlation is not so weird....

Quote Originally Posted by vauxall
    Non organic milk might be very poor in zinc, so the correlation is not so weird....
    But can it actually cause hair loss?

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

No.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Milk is for calfs, not humans, they are suppose to drink human-breastmilk. Cows milk turns a 60 pound calf into a 600 pound cow in six months. Milk is loaded with powerful growth hormones that can turn off the human production of growth hormones due to negative feedback. Milk is also littered with estrogens, xeno-estrogens, and other chemicals. Theres strong evidence saying that high levels of estrogen and IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor) can not only cause male pattern baldness but also prostate enlargement and cancer in men and breast cancer in women, milk has high levels of both estrogen and IGF-1. And to make matters worse, our good friends at the Monsanto corporation have genetically created rBGH; a synthetic growth hormone given to cows to increase their milk production, rBGH increases both levels of estrogen and IGF-1 in the milk more than what is naturally found there. Milk is not what is use to be... things are obviously changing; GMO, Irradiated food, cholinated water, flourinated water! Dairy consumption strongly correlates with M.P.B. especially milk, which is also shown to cause acne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GpqwZDbMHU

I also want to stress how damaging estrogen is to man's body. Estrogen inhibits Growth Hormone secretion, which is vital for hair growth. As men age their testosterone levels decrease because the testosterone is converted into estrogen by the aromatase enzyme. When this happens, your body does not like this at all, so what does it do... It creates D.H.T. to try and balance the estrogen... Keep in mind that no hormone works independently... As we all know D.H.T. is created from testosterone, and estrogen is created from testosterone and androstenedione, plus we get loads of estrogen from our environment such as canned food and plastic bottles. With all this estrogen floating around in your body, it overpowers testosterone...So what does your body do? ...It creates D.H.T. (which is 3 times as powerful than testosterone) to mitigate the estrogen. Now I now what I said is very controversial, but it makes sense. Also keep in mind that their are three differnt types of estrogen; The weak estrogen: estriol; The medium strength estrogen: estrone, and the strong estrogen: estradiol. Estriol is the safe estrogen, possible beneficial in small amounts. But the other two (estrone and estradiol) can increase the effects of D.H.T... So, if you get blood work done to determine the amounts of estrogens in your body, you need to get a reading on all three estrogens, plus I'm not sure if blood work can measure the amount of xeno-estrogens in the body. Xeno-estrogens are found in high amounts in: dairy, soda/beer cans, canned food, plastics, cosmedics and so on. So how do you fight off the estrogens, you can: Look into the anti-estrogenic diet, exercise, inhibit aromatase and alpha-5-reductase with ground up flax seeds and green tea, and of course stay away from dairy (especially milk and cheese), stay away from canned food and plastics that contain liquids, like disposible water bottles. If you combat both estrogen and D.H.T. at the same time you will have better results with your regimen. Last but not least google: Estrogen Dominance and Andropause. I would also like to mention that estrogen does not effect women the same way it does men. Women tend to bald when their estrogen/S.H.B.G. levels are low.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kpHZx2SpL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J0F9P9e ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jeqb5xOwH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmM6At6HZUg