Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jimjams's Story - 32yo - UPDATED 17.11.11 - New to DUT

UPDATED - 20th Aug 2013 - See PAGE 4

Hi all,

Well I have now been reading many posts on this forum since around October and from it have been on a concoction of thigns to try slow, stop or reverse my hair loss.

I have been losing my hair for some time I think but only noticed after a short hair cut in October 08. Since then I think the stress of dealing with this and starting a new job has accelerated my loss, it has been tough to come to terms with but now I am accepting it. Just crossing my fingers that my girlfriend does not find me ugly and dumps my sad ass!

The reason for posting is because I am hoping for a success story so figured lets document and see what happens. I have attached a couple baseline but it is hard to tell if I have had much success, anyway I will let you decide but I think natural hairgrowth has covered up a few fin spots and I dont think any of it is related to my regime, which is....

1mg of Fin (Propecia) every 3rd day. (Did this because every other day gave me testical ache and sensitive nipples so am going to slowling increase.. no sides on every 3rd day)

3 x Procerin tablets (1 in the AM and 2 in the PM. I personally think this is a waste of time, been on it nearly 3 months now and dont think I will be buying anymore)

6000mg Ginkgo Biloba - 1 tablet per day. I am taking this because it thins the blood to help circulation to the scalp

Nizoral 1% every other day - Pretty harsh on the hair so use a hair condition too.

Nisim Hair bio factors - every other day. Good on the hair but no regrowth.

SO, all in all I have been doing this for nearly 3 months, except Propecia which has been about a month. I still lose hair everytime I wash, terminal and small vellus, not sure if this is good or bad but to be honest I have lost hair for the last 8 years and never thought anything of it till recently. The goal, to stop the loss!

Wish me luck and will keep you updated with progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 30yrs old - Fin + Niz + Topicals

A couple more pictures for you to look at and something for us to compare with a few more months down the line.

Also, am contemplating testing this new A&G Hair Complex as I am hearing great things about it at the moment. I firmly believe, this time in 2012 being bald will no longer be something we have to worry about. A cure is coming, believe it people.

Re: Jimjams's Story - ( 30/ Fin + Niz + Topicals)

Hopefully someone else could comment on this: I'm wondering if it would be more effective to take a lower dose of fin daily daily rather than 1mg every three days, considering that propecia doesn't stay in your system for very long?

But if you're uncomfortable about the potential sides and you feel this regimen is working, it'd probably a pretty good idea to just stick with it.

I have seen studys which show that every other day is just as effective. However, as jokerman said I would like to see other peoples views on this. I may just go to 0.5 every day if this is deemed much more effective.

arrrghhh!

My hair just seems to be getting thinner recently, I think I maybe going through a shed.

Is it normal for your hair to feel like hay? Its definatley more fuzzy and is harder to style nowadays. I am hoping it will stop soon but am really really worried! I think I am gonna look so damn ugly bald!! (

good result!
    Quote Originally Posted by collegechemistrystudent
    Haven't you heard? In order to get a piece of a$$, your upper forehead needs to be hairier than your a$$. I'm going to get a piece.

Your hair already looks darker in the updated pictures, so I would guess that the treatments are working.

I have seen studies where patients have had side effects on 1 mg Propecia per day, who went to an every third day or every OTHER day schedule without a recurrence.

I think your best bet is to maybe try to bump up to every other day, but to go back to every third day if you get sides because that is already working for you. Based on my own personal experience and from what I've read on the board, using a lower dose every day is not often very effective at getting rid of sides.

Hi all, Here we are nearly one year on since noticing the hairloss... commenced treatment in about January this year. I thought I would give you an update on where I am, personally I think this needs to be moved to the success the column but I don't know how to do it. Anyone?

Anyway, I now take Propecia (Fin) once per day, Nizoral about 3 times per week and Rogaine Foam once per day, although I sometimes forget. Saying that, I sometimes forget to take the fin as well but no major impact from that.

My hair overall feels, and looks thicker. Certainly a long way off the thick mop it used to be, but hopefully I can maintain what I have got and maybe continue to grow more back. My dad is bald, so sadly I am heading in that direction, but fingers crossed I don't have to go down the same road he did.

Picture attached, which I took today. Feedback always welcome. Is it a success??

Quote Originally Posted by jimjams
    arrrghhh!

My hair just seems to be getting thinner recently, I think I maybe going through a shed.

Is it normal for your hair to feel like hay? Its definatley more fuzzy and is harder to style nowadays. I am hoping it will stop soon but am really really worried! I think I am gonna look so damn ugly bald!! (

When you went through this shedding stage did you hair all over your head get thinner including back and sides and then return to normal agian ? Do you happen to have pics of this shed ?

Re: Jimjams's Story - ( Big 3 - The real deal!)

what dosage of FIN did you take?