Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recent HT and "too low" hairline

I had a FUE HT with a well known Toronto HT doctor. I do not wish to impune him in any way in this thread. But I do think there was some miscommunication in my pre-op consultation -- the result of which is a hairline that I feel is too low.

I'm in my mid-thirties and was a NW II bordering on a III. I received ~2,500 HT's. By my measurements my hairline is 1.5cm too low. I'm still in the recovery phase of course and I'm measuring my forehead from the midpoint of my eyebrows (at the center of my forehead) to the bottom aspect of the still scabby hairline. It measures 5.5cm. I feel that I look like a monkey. Sounds funny to say, but it's very disturbing and I've lost a bit of sleep over it. I believe that I have a hairline that I've *never* had, even as an adolescent.

I have to admit that I was not as informed as I should have been going into this procedure and relied on the wisdom of this well known HT doctor. I would like to know if others have felt their hairline was too low during the phase that I am in, but were pleasantly suprised when the hair eventually grew out that their hairline was in fact not too low. Or perhaps basically what I see is what I get, with some small allowance (on the order of 0.5 to 1cm) for the transition zone.

In addition, what can be done to raise a hairline? At what stage should this be pursued? Should I do anything now? I've already spoken with the HT doctor and he tried to calm my fears, and told me that I needed to 'wait and see.' I certainly don't want to live with an unnaturally low hairline, so I'm quite anxious to do something as soon as possible. I'm beside myself with anxiety over my low hairline and feel mentally retarded for not being as well educated on the subject of HT's. Knowledgeable advice would be much appreciate.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Re: Recent HT and "too low" hairline

Did'nt he draw a line on your forehead showing where the hairline would be pre op?
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by BUPtoxic
    I'm measuring my forehead from the midpoint of my eyebrows (at the center of my forehead) to the bottom aspect of the still scabby hairline. It measures 5.5cm. I feel that I look like a monkey.
    Relax. That is still high. You now have a lower NW2. Most model 20 year olds have a 4cm forehead. Mine is 5.3cm, and I want it at 4.9 or so. Right after surgery the shock is there, but you will get used to it later and want it lower and thicker.

If it really does look low, look at the temples right in front of the ears. Did the doc bring those forwards at all? If they are still far back to the sides, that could be what is making your hairline look low. Just get those filled in a bit and brought forwards even 1/2 cm and it will look just fine.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

I've had 3 HT's. Each one broght the hairline lower. Durring my first one, I was afraid the doctors were going to put my hairline too low, with too much of a peak in the middle. I was not even totally sure I wanted to change my hairline, or even sure if looks matter, or if hair affected looks. But I did not want to stop them mid surgery either. Well, after I got home a looked in the mirror, I realized it was OK. And months later, I realized it was way too high.

Even with my third procedure, I told my surgeon I wanted my temples really wide like Ben Afleck, not a narrow forehead like Brad Pit (I now strongly suspect Ben Afleck and Sean Connery wear, just because of their hairline temple ratio. That or no HT on the sides.)
    Well, my surgeon put them a bit more narrow than I wanted. I was distraught after the surgery. But as it grew out, I realized she was right, and that they needed to be even more narrow. I wanted to bring my temples in at least another 1/4 inch, or
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

S.A.F.,

The doctor did draw the hairline. At first he did this on a photograph and discuseed a 7cm forehead. Then later in the procedure room he drew the hairline on my scalp and asked me if it looked good. I told him 'yes', but at this point I had received a sedative so honestly I was a little out of it, but I do remember him telling me that he drew the hairline a bit lower, because he felt that that is what I wanted. I trusted his judgement.

CCS,

Thanks for your advise. The doctor did do a temple angle closure. Let me ask you this, do you feel that maintaining a forhead that is an equal third of ones face is the best way to place a hairline? In other words, if the midface is 7cm and the lower face is 7cm, shouldn't the forehead be 7cm?

i think lower might just be better....

just wait and see how it turns out............ give it like 8 months, you can always "pluck" your undesirable hairs into the desirable hairline.

BodyDysmorphic,

Thank you for the advice. Are you serious? Plucking the unwanted hair would not be adviseable, I would think because the hair would simply grow back. Would it not? In addition, I would be plucking smaller transition zone hairs and would be left with a very unnatural looking hairline.

what!!!!!....

i said give it time!!!!!!!

if you didn't like the lower hair line in like 8 months ....... which i think you will not dislike

you can always groom the "unwanted hair"

IMP more hair is better

i would leave your newly implanted hair untouched for at least 8 months until you evaluate

seriously dude your complaining of "a too low hairline" i just saying what you can do about it

I say give it time as well. I would think a spa that does electrolysis
    for hair removal could shape the hairline as you wanted.

This seems on the surface to be a great problem to have.

give it time then decide

if you dont like it, cant you just get it taken up? might cost a bit of dosh but pretty doable with a basic enough surgery....