Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    14

    Can tanning beds be bad for your hair?

    I have a tanning bed in my basement,I only use it in the summer months.I was wondering if tanning beds can be bad for people like us who are trying to take good care of our hair?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Stingray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,057
    Yes it can. Hair follicles know when UV rays are from the sun or from a bunch of bulbs. Those pesky follicles!

    No. It's no more bad for you than sitting outside in the sun.

    In fact, why don't you do that instead
    ---Stingray---
    The key to immortality is to not die.

  3. #3
    Guest
    ok so you bought a tannin bed so you could only use it in summer? are you a ****in idiot man? thats like buying a sprinkler when you live in a rain forest. you coulda saved the money and tanned outside like normal people. you so ashamed of your balding that you cant even go outside to tan? i mean at least use it durin the winter cus thats the only time its of use. cmon use ya head man you peeps sense of logic makes me wonder.

  4. #4
    Senior Member hopewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,163
    he's a poet gentleman.. har har

  5. #5
    Senior Member bombscience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by DeD PreZ
    ok so you bought a tannin bed so you could only use it in summer? are you a ****in idiot man? thats like buying a sprinkler when you live in a rain forest. you coulda saved the money and tanned outside like normal people. you so ashamed of your balding that you cant even go outside to tan? i mean at least use it durin the winter cus thats the only time its of use. cmon use ya head man you peeps sense of logic makes me wonder.
    that's like buying a sprinkler when you live in the rain forest?!!
    hahahahahaha
    lol
    best post ever.

  6. #6
    Senior Member hopewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,163
    i would watch what you say bomb science..ded pez might threaten to tell you to go to his "hood" thousands of miles from you" for a fight

  7. #7
    Senior Member bombscience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by hopewas
    i would watch what you say bomb science..ded pez might threaten to tell you to go to his "hood" thousands of miles from you" for a fight
    dont worry i love his posts, they come so far out of left field that they're entertaining...

    I'm sure i'll get annoyed soon, but for now, I just love having the image of him getting high and laying on his bed trying to figure out the mystery of MPB.

  8. #8
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bombscience
    Quote Originally Posted by hopewas
    i would watch what you say bomb science..ded pez might threaten to tell you to go to his "hood" thousands of miles from you" for a fight
    dont worry i love his posts, they come so far out of left field that they're entertaining...

    I'm sure i'll get annoyed soon, but for now, I just love having the image of him getting high and laying on his bed trying to figure out the mystery of MPB.
    I figure him for a skinny white high schooler with no friends. Memorizes the rappers songs, buys their mags and dresses like them too.

    Pathetic!

  9. #9
    Senior Member shivs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    137
    YOu mean we all didnt do that when we were young? :rockon:

  10. #10
    Senior Member hopewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,163
    true story.. it was raining and i saw some "homie" guy walking around with a see through shower cap a few years ago when i went to college. a good laugh was had by me and friends

Similar Threads

  1. Tanning salon after a hair transplant?
    By DirkNowitzki in forum Hair Transplants & Hair Replacement Surgery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 13th, 2011, 12:14 PM
  2. Fake tanning and hair loss...
    By oarf11 in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 4th, 2010, 08:44 PM
  3. Tanning lotion - Can it block hair folicals?
    By ginger-uk in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
  4. eek - shedding in other people's beds!
    By viceroy in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 1st, 2004, 09:28 AM
  5. Can tanning cause hair loss?
    By shandoli in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 12th, 2003, 04:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •