Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

A way to enhance the absorption & penetration of MINOXIDIL

Hey Guys,

I am on xandrox for 4,5 weeks now and propecia for 11 months now. I found out something that I wanted to share it with you, after surfing the web for an hour. My plan is to find something that will help the topicals such as minoxidil to penetrate better the scalp skin and reach and affect better the hair follicles. I am wondering if dermaroller could help the absorption of minoxidil. I am sure that alone it can't do much, but I am thinking if it enhances the topical absorption of drugs(such as minoxidil) into hair follicles. I didn't expect something from dermaroller until I read this post ( http://www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/mess ... ermaroller ) on hairlosshelp with a guy that had great results using a similar way, needling the scalp to open the pores and enhancing the absorption of minoxidil.
    I am planning to use it once a day(at night) and after that, applying xandrox. So dermaroller will help minoxidil(xandrox) to get down easier below the scalp skin, affecting better the hair follicles.

Has anyone tried it and strengthen the absorption and results of minoxidil ?
    Do you think dermaroller can have a big effect on minoxidil's absorption(needling the scalp pores) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH
    donchu taka me lyke dat nicca. ima crazy nicca son, ya don wan nun. iz cut sukkaz, fele me? i fuk ***itz til day lu me. i fade 2 oblivein. iz eatz dem chillinz.
    Quote Originally Posted by QUISQUEYA
    There are guys who like shemales. Not because they can't get women. But because even the finest women don't have cocks.

Re: A way to enhance the absorption & penetration of MINOXIDIL

I don't see why not, but you will have to experiment. Try using it on a wet head as well, or adding retin a to your minox, these will all help increase absorption, just be wary of side effects such as a rapidly beating heart, don't want you popping your clogs well before your time.
    "Still worshipping God? Last I heard, he started worshipping me, hahaha" Lord Flashheart

Thanks Petcksky,

Very good reply. I really care first for my hair and then for my health(and problems that may cause the increased absorption of minoxidil). I really want to make everything that I can for them. One thing that I wanted to make it clear: You recommended me to use it on a wet head. So using the dermaroller on a wet head than on a dry head will increase the absorption of minoxidil, affecting better and easier the hair follicles

But using dermaroller on a wet head is safe ?(I mean it won't harm the hair follicles ?)
    Because I am already doing Scalp exercises, using dermaroller after doing scalp exercises and before applying xandrox, will this combination harm my hair follicles ?
    donchu taka me lyke dat nicca. ima crazy nicca son, ya don wan nun. iz cut sukkaz, fele me? i fuk ***itz til day lu me. i fade 2 oblivein. iz eatz dem chillinz.
    There are guys who like shemales. Not because they can't get women. But because even the finest women don't have cocks.

I just meant applying minox on a wet head will increase absorption, though you could try it with the derma roller, though i don't know to much about the roller. I apply my minox on a hydrated scalp a few times a week, i've not had any problems, and it does dry a lot quicker. I'm looking in to adding some retin a to my minox too.

I don't see how it could hurt your follicles, but it could make you dizzy etc... trail and error
    "Still worshipping God? Last I heard, he started worshipping me, hahaha" Lord Flashheart

Thanks again Petcsky,

I will try to buy it this week and add to my regimen to see if it works, because I have the bad thought that the scalp pores over time are closing, and they don't let minoxidil to penetrate easy through the skin.
    Petchsky how much retin-a are you planning to apply on the scalp ? because applying it on the whole scalp you will need much cream each day. Are you planning to apply it once a day before minoxidil ?

I'm not sure as yet whether to add it to my minox or apply a few minutes before my minox application, i also use copper peptides mixed with my minox, and i'm also thinking of adding some lavender and rosemary essential oil to it, but don't to go overboard.

If you look on minoxidil.com Dr Lee's minox has it mixed with retin a, so you could buy that or look to see how much he used to mix it with.

Thanks Petchsky,

Very good idea!..... Retin-a is really an other thing that will help with better absorption and penetration of minoxidil. I am sure you can use it at night one hour before having bath, so you can then wash your hair, due to the greasiness that retin-a leaves your hair. This week I will think seriously between retin-a and dermaroller and take the best decision and thing to add to my regimen. Best of lack to you dude!....

Timi

Minox absorption good enough
    all other make Heartproblems when it to strong absorpit

i can't take Foam or 5%Kirkland
    Blood Pressure
    115/185 Pulse 97

i have Quit Minox strong heart problems after 2Years
    must take Betablocker!! bevor Minox i had never Heartproblems

i wait when my Heartproblems better than a attempt with 2% Minox

Timi

If you got to needle your scalp, or turn it red, to absorb more greasy topicals, then... then... don't make fun of me if I get a hair piece because you are just as crazy.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

Thanks CCS,

You are right,
    I made a search on this forum and I found that dermaroller increases the absortion, but the results that lots of guys achieved after they used it in combination with rogaine weren't so promising or they were decent so after lots of replies they stopped talking about it. The companies that are selling it, are advising you to use it in combination with minoxidil so the results that you achieve are minoxidil's results. Last Sunday I was sure that this week I was going to buy it but after the search and study I made on it, I decided that I will not make the move to it. It's really a big scam....