Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

S.A.F 6months pics

Here is my 6month post op pics, for those of you who dont know my story :
    Former nw6 3 failed HT's in the UK then 2 repair HT's by Dr Feller the first 2yrs ago 2890 grafts then another 6months ago for 2100. Currently using concealers although obviously these pics are without anything on my hair.[attachment=2:1tjm0onh]6mnth 005.jpg[/attachment:1tjm0onh]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Re: S.A.F 6months pics

[attachment=0:tn785bpm]6mnth 003.jpg[/attachment:tn785bpm]
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Do you expect much more thickening?

Without meds, I suspect that I'll end up between a NW 4-5. I don't have the NW 6, though. Do you think, given your history, it's better to bald freely, or should I opt for a transplant from a good surgeon?

Does that make any sense? I'm just asking if it's worth it in the end.

It could be interesting to how it looks after you have styled it with concealers.

Aplunk, how can you know that, especially with your early onset? I think I started losing at a significantly higher age than you, yet I still sort of expect to be a NW7.

This shows the areas that were worked on and the areas that need further work, unfortunatley I have no donor grafts left. So although I can expect more thickening (maybe40%?) its only in the red areas. (not overall).

And yes I will add some more photo's soon showing how it looks with concealers.

No offence, mate but I'd definitely shave rather than wear a hair that thin. Another proof that HT's are not nearly effective enough for NW6's.
    Bugger.

id rather have any hair than no hair. for wat happened to SAF bad luck wise i think its still good coverage.
    melody day

and also can u get any FUE from what is left of the donor area? and also would you try body hair transplanted to the scalp?
    melody day

Quote Originally Posted by GHG
    No offence, mate but I'd definitely shave rather than wear a hair that thin. Another proof that HT's are not nearly effective enough for NW6's.
    Well I guessed some posters would feel like that but shavings not an option for me with my strip scars. And I dont go out looking like in these pics once I've got dermatch and toppic on it looks a great deal better/thicker.
    Thats what my position is really the grafts give me something to work with as far as concealers go.
    Yes you are correct that nw6's will struggle to get a decent looking head of hair but its important to realise that I had 3 failed HT's in the UK and what you're looking at is little more than 5000 grafts. If I had gone to a good surgeon in the first place I could have maybe got another 2-3000 grafts which would have made a big difference. Also my hair characteristics are about as bad as you can get very thin calibre and straight.

SAF, if you were to buzz the hair down, how would it look?

I remember (very briefly) when my crown was severely thinning way back when and I buzzed it to a number 1, no one could tell. If you didn't have the strip scars would it be able to be buzzed like that?