Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mole removal

Mole removal

Has anyone got their moles removed? Is it easy? Does it hurt? How much does it cost?

When i was 8 i had 3 moles removed by plastic surgery but it was covered by my health insurance (it was for health reasons) and the technique used well it was preety lame i still have some 3 small scars on my back.

Now, i got still a lot of moles in my back and i would be interested if there is any easy (laser?) way to go and get them all done at the same day, without paying a fortune...

If anyone has done it please give me your feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner
    Perhaps as entertainment we could hire Dr Lee to do some juggling whilst riding a unicycle.

Re: Mole removal

My mum has just had two removed, one from her breast and one on her back, I know, too much info but she's just going about as if it was nothing so the pain doesn't seem too bad according to her. Her GP did it (in the UK for free) the reason why they were removed was because they had started to grow and her doc thought it best to remove them.

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by omgstfuty
    massive huge giant scottish bollock

I have about 40 moles on my back, and a ton of freckles all over my body. I'm researching this too.

Laser typically is $50 per mole, or $300-500 for the bigger ones, I've read. Check with each clinic. Some charge by the hour. Typically $1000 per.

Liquid nitrogen is the cheapest way ($7 per mole). But a non-skilled or non-caring doctor will leave scars. I might be able to get some, but have decided against it because I don't trust my skill. A good doctor can remove them without scars, but many cosmetic surgeons don't do it because there is not enough money involved. You have to apply it for exactly the right amount of time to the right area and transfer it at the right speed. I had some warts removed with it, and can't see any scar at all. My friend had warts removed, and she has scars that are almost as bad as the warts were.

They can be cut off, but that leaves scaring. Sometimes the genetic material can be deep.

I've had a few small, tall ones, and cut them off with a scissors. Yeah, it hurt, but not bad. I can't even tell where they were. It is the big flat ones I don't know how to treat.

My brother used a Dr Schoules (spelling?) Freeze It thing to freeze some big moles down. They are still there, but much flatter and not colored.

My friend's mom used some kind of butter. Shae butter? I forgot the name. She rubbed it on her skin for several weeks and they disappeared.

There are other products on the web for $30 that say they can remove moles in a month. I don't know if they work.

You can buy Salicylic acid (for warts) and eat the moles off with that. I don't know how effect it is though, or if there would be scaring. US doctors think liquid nitrogen can cause cancer, and european doctors use it and think cutting them can cause cancer. Yeah, and some doctors think the salisylic acid can cause cancer. I don't believe any of it. I'd be more concerned about the cosmetic effect. The acid is cheap. It works much better if you let a drop of warm water soak into the mole, and remove left over surface water, before adding a drop of acid. I hope it does not scar you though.

If you find anything else, please let me know. I suggest experimenting on one mole in a non-conspicuous area. I'm saving up for laser, but might try some of the acid. I can maybe get access to liquid nitrogen, but I just don't know what it will do. The acid should be easier to control.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

do not buy products off the internet - they leave the biggest scars!

getting them cut out will also leave scars. the appearance of the scar will depend on
    - the skill of the surgeon
    - the size of the incision / the amount of skin removed
    - how well your body heals

i think the best route is laser, less bleeding, less scarring. i don't have any experience with laser mole removal, but i can say the other two methods above have pretty ordinary results.

Quote Originally Posted by billythekid
    do not buy products off the internet - they leave the biggest scars!

getting them cut out will also leave scars. the appearance of the scar will depend on
    - the skill of the surgeon
    - the size of the incision / the amount of skin removed
    - how well your body heals

i think the best route is laser, less bleeding, less scarring. i don't have any experience with laser mole removal, but i can say the other two methods above have pretty ordinary results.
    But check my link above for a story on laser treatments being used in Australia by people who aren't doctors. The main image is one of a lady badly scarred, so laser is by no means safe from scarring

the best result i had was with a local doctor / GP - who i actually think hadn't done the procedure before. so maybe he was extra vigilant.

i have had 2 other moles removed by plastic surgeons (ASPA and FRACS or whatever the acronymns are).

1st surgeon was crap total butcher. 2nd person was ok, he used internal stitches, result was acceptable.

i think it's a total gamble in australia, whether or not the doctor is a qualified plastic surgeon.

I just bought Compound W Freeze Off from the store. Don't follow the direction. Rip off the padding on the tip, and leave just the inside padding. Then use as directed to fill up just enough of that cold liquid. Then take the applicator out of the handle and dip it straight in for a second. Then apply it to your mole. Works good. The only reason you should not use it on moles is if it is melanoma, you are supposed to get it cut out so they know they got it all. But it is good for getting rid of moles. I'll give you guys an update. I've not removed one yet, but I got the swelling I got the last time a wart was successfully removed.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

I even froze some of the moles twice last night. Morning came, and the swelling is gone. That is bad. The skin is not scared, but I already know it will not fall off. Even after freezing, the cells just go right back to how they were before. I need liquid nitrogen, not Compound W. Compound W is not cold enough to freeze deep enough to kill the mole.

And the salicylic acid is not eating the skin. It barely does anything.

There is a guy named Chris Gibson who says mix castor oil with baking soda will remove moles. There are some mole, wart, removal systems called Bio-T and Dermatend that people say work and minimal scars.
    House, MD: "See, this is why I don't waste money on shrinks, cause you give me all this great insight for free."