Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How the hell do you get rid of seborrheic dermatitis?

how?

i tried nizoral for months and it didnt change my hair or stop flaking

ive even tried tea tree oil ....doesnt seem to help

does t/gel work? im nervous to even try since half my hair falls out everytime i shampoo it

Re: How the hell do you get rid of seborrheic dermatitis?

I wish I knew the answer to this... my seb. dermatitis is under control compared to what it was last summer for example, but it still itches a bit and flakes. I know that clearing the seb. derm could have a great impact on the treatments I'm using, and that's why I feel so damn helpless about it.
    Bugger.

Next Monday i'll see a dermatologist to see my attached flaking skin that i have in my center-left of my scalp. I've been shampooing with Alpha-Cade but its useless. I cant get rid of it. If i force it i'll pull all my hair that is attached. I've lost tons of hair already and now i've to wait 6 months to grow it.

Every winter its the same bull****. At summer i get better.

I've had this affliction since Nov. 06, which coincided with the start of massive shedding, so it is definately related. It was very, very bad at the beginning to the point of where my entire head was covered in a thick sebum buildup that I would have to scrape away with my fingers. I was hygienic, ate well, exercised daily, was in picture perfect health and it still hit me like a ton of bricks.

My treatment, which has helped bring it dramatically under control:

wash hair with nizoral 2x week / neutragena 2x week / an organic shampoo/conditioner 3x week
    *it is possible sodium laurel or laureth sulphate can aggravate this condition
    apply apple cider vinegar to your head on a nightly basis
    apply either luxiq or olux foam in the morning
    take biotin/b complex and fish oil supplements
    important: avoid all alcohol/sweets/and anything with yeast in it

also start finasteride if you haven't already...IMO seborrheic dermatitis is a precursor to MPB

Do all this and I promise you the condition will improve. Dermatologists are quick to prescribe dugs, but while they may be a quick "response" to your situation, they are rarely the whole answer.

has anyone considered it to be psoriasis?
    As your derm for clobestol solution. It helps.
    "Chicks dig diffusers"

Next Monday i'll see a dermatologist to see my attached flaking skin that i have in my center-left of my scalp. I've been shampooing with Alpha-Cade but its useless. I cant get rid of it. If i force it i'll pull all my hair that is attached. I've lost tons of hair already and now i've to wait 6 months to grow it.
    thats exactly how it is with me..........when you see my hair its flaking right at the spots im losing it and even if i try to brush the flakes out it pulls the hairs out. any pressure applied to my scalp and the hair is done.

im gonna try to see a dermatologist......im just scared it will be a waste of time and $$$ as they wont help me. i went to the doctor a few months ago about all my health problems and she didnt listen to me.

i was using nizoral and it just made my hair shed massively, more so than using regular shampoo and/or conditioner

A_DHT_Driveby
    im taking biotin (5000mcg)) as well as a few other supplements (multi vitamin, saw palmetto, flax, coral calcium)

ive looked into apple cider vinegar and am considerin tryin some.....what about the organic stuff that you can drink ? would this work the same as applying as a topical?

has anyone considered it to be psoriasis?
    scalp psoriasis is possible. how can you tell whether its scalp psoriasis or seb derm?

ghg- either the treatments youre on are working wonders or youre not going bald. your hairline is perfect, i wouldnt even blink an eye if i saw you on the streets. seb derm is NOT male pattern baldness

everything you are saying was exactly what was happening to me. My hair was extremely fragile and easily fell out in the worst areas of the SD. My hairs were threaded through pieces of the scalp, so when i went to remove it i inevitably pulled on hairs along with it. Gross, I know, sorry for being so graphic but I want you to know I was going through the same thing. IMO the apple cider vinegar worked really well, try drinking it and applying it topically. It will do wonders. You can pour some in with green tea and honey.Try my regimen for a week and tell me if it doesn't improve, I'll be shocked if that's the case.

Yesterday came out three flaking skins... I put in a paper to show to doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofloss
    ghg- either the treatments youre on are working wonders or youre not going bald. your hairline is perfect, i wouldnt even blink an eye if i saw you on the streets. seb derm is NOT male pattern baldness
    Yeah, but unfortunately I'm a diffuse thinner... the hairline is the only perfect part of my hair on top.
    Bugger.

GHG and IBM please tell me in your opinion what has worked best to control your SD. I am trying to put together a sort of consortium on treatments from various sources....