Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Londo's story - (45 years old, new pics added 9/14/07)

Hi all.

I posted a couple of pics in the success stories section, but this is where I'll keep posting updates.

I'm 45. My hair started receding rapidly in my late twenties. That scared me because it happened so fast, but it stabilized

In my thirties I started getting comments on my diffuse bald spot. I didn't think that much of it. What could I do? I tried Minoxidil for a bit. It did some good, but back then it was much more expensive, only 2%, and I had a lot less money, so I gave up on it. It was a hassle too.

Now in my forties. The bald spot got bigger and was looking pretty bad to me. I saw the top of my head in a video monitor and really hated that. I've worn my hair parted down the middle and that kind of hid the thinning that was going on in the front. I had my hair cut and took a good look at the top and front and thought OMG, I'm really going bald now.

My Mom and Dad have fine hair. High foreheads run in my Dad's family. Dad managed to keep most of his hair and took a long time to gray. An uncle on my Dad's side was pretty thin on top, I think. My Mom's brother was very thin on top the last time I saw him. I shouldn't be suprised that my hair is getting thin, but I think looking at actors makes you think your hair will last forever. This seems to be a young board. Believe me, no one wants to lose their hair no matter how old they are. I feel for you guys losing your hair in your twenties.

I started Propecia and 5% Minoxidil January 29, '07. I had no expectations, but have been very pleased with the results. I didn't know about this site and wish I'd found it a long time ago.

Here are some baseline and 4 month pics. This is using only Propecia and 5% Minoxidil. The hair is longer in the after pics, but there was a substantial improvement.

1/29/07 - I think the hair on top is about 3/4 inch long and 1 1/2 at the vertex:

Ewwwww! I hate that diffuse thinning!

6/2/07 - I think the hair on top is about 1 1/2 inches long and 1 1/2 at the vertex:

9/14/07 - The hair on top is 3/4 inch again and 3/4 at the vertex:

I think the the Propecia is responsible for making my individual hairs darker, thicker, shinier, and healthier looking.

Since the 4 month mark and finding this site I've added Nizoral shampoo and omega 3 in the form of flax seed oil and walnuts since I get very little omega 3 in my diet. I have my hair buzzed now. I'll take some more pictures soon.

Oh, I've had no sheds and very little side effects. Propecia made my nuts sore for a week or so. My libido went up for a bit, but has gone back to normal. My self esteem has gone way up
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
    My story with pics: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 309#362309
    Regimen: 1/4 mg Propecia and 5% Rogaine foam daily, 1% Nizoral shampoo twice a week.

Nice results, congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    If a woman if very pretty, and you are just average looking, then she probably knows she can have coitus with you. She does not know if she can do a few other things, like get a rim job.

your hair looks hella better after 4 months, congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by collegechemistrystudent
    Haven't you heard? In order to get a piece of a$$, your upper forehead needs to be hairier than your a$$. I'm going to get a piece.

Senior Member badasshairday III's Avatar
    Great results man. You are still very early and treatment and should experience some more regrowth hopefully.

it is common sense that baldness is ugly. Just look at your butt. See how thinnly haired it is. And it is butt ugly. So now you see why balding makes your head ugly?

nice improvement,your probably above average in the hair department for your age now

big three triumphs again. well done mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ali777
    Don't take my word for it. If I was good at it, I would be in bed instead of sitting here.

Thanks everyone.

I just went to my hairdresser to have my #3 buzz cut cleaned up. She was like, "Wow, what are you using again?".

If any newbies are reading, remember to take pictures as is recommended by this site. You WILL want the pictures later. Also remember to put Minoxidil anywhere you want hair. I initially put Minox on my hair on my temples and up front. I now am also putting Minox about 1/2 inch forward of the hairline and am getting a little regrowth.
    Regimen: 1/4 mg Propecia and 5% Rogaine foam daily, 1% Nizoral shampoo twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo
    Thanks everyone.

I just went to my hairdresser to have my #3 buzz cut cleaned up. She was like, "Wow, what are you using again?".

If any newbies are reading, remember to take pictures as is recommended by this site. You WILL want the pictures later. Also remember to put Minoxidil anywhere you want hair. I initially put Minox on my hair on my temples and up front. I now am also putting Minox about 1/2 inch forward of the hairline and am getting a little regrowth.
    You did apply it on your crown too didnt you?
    Haven't you heard? In order to get a piece of a$$, your upper forehead needs to be hairier than your a$$. I'm going to get a piece.

RaginDemon, yes I put Minox on my bald spot, down the middle, temples, and on the front. Basically everywhere I wanted more hair. I just wanted to emphasize that Minox isn't just for the crown like they say on the package and like I've had drummed into my brain since Minox came out. Thanks to this site and my experience I can attest to Minox working pretty much anywhere you put it.

I see, good to know treatments are working for you.

btw you look like you are in good shape at your age!