Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Corticosteroid injections on scalp

Anyone had done this before? Steroid injections into your scalp, I suppose it's corticosteroid. Results are fast around 1 month.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=19286

Can one just inject once and just use minoxidil to maintain it?

I seriously doubt maintenance is possible without continuous usage of cortisone.

the stuff is a strong anti-inflamatory to stop immune system attack. It is save on small patches, but if you do a large area of scalp, enough can go systemic to shut down your immune system. So pick your areas wisely.

At longest it would last as long as botox, but I doubt it. My guess is you do it once a week or so. It should wear off eventually. One of the side effects is the indintation from the needle, which goes away when the injections are stopped, so I assume that means you need a lot of shots. I don't know how expensive it would get.

Just use bosewilia seratta topically.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

corticosteroid comes in lotion, creams, pills and injections as well as in different strengths and can be used for hairloss. The injections are once a month at the start.

I might try some lotion which should be easy to get from my doctor.

Anyone willing to give it a shot???
    Worlds Craziest Arcade Game
    http://members.shaw.ca/boong-ga/index.htm

Cortisone injections are only used for alopecia areata (a condition where hair loss occurs suddenly and in round patches).

They might also help MPB, since cyclosporine does. But they are desperate measures for the fast, ugly, otherwise untreatable alopecia areata. The risks might outweight the benifits with MPB, but it would be interesting to experiment if you will tell us the results. I'm just going to use my bosewillia.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by collegechemistrystudent
    They might also help MPB, since cyclosporine does. But they are desperate measures for the fast, ugly, otherwise untreatable alopecia areata. The risks might outweight the benifits with MPB, but it would be interesting to experiment if you will tell us the results. I'm just going to use my bosewillia.
    So, that's why Jesus always has a great head of hair in all those pictures of him spread around the world. Boswellia's common name is Frankincense. Those three wise men knew what they were doing.