Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

masturbate can cause hairloss

i read alot of thing about it..some says no some says yes..but in my opinion it can cause thinning..2 or 3 times a week is normal..but i do 3 times a day sometimes more...i have a diffuse hairloss..all over my head...when started at 14 years old..my hair thinning ligthing color and a general hairloss ..my frontal is very good now..no frontal hairloss...i think there is a relationship between masturbate and hairloss(i can accept over masturbate don t effect erverybody..but some people this must be search)..i read alot of story like me in my ages..now i m 22...i have a godd reason for saying this..because i can remember when i was 16 years old,i started a school and stayed at dorm..u know dorms..if u r home..u r boring and can do alot masturvate..but in dorm u can forget this..anyway..i stayed at dorm for 2 years..i use regaine little..but it is expensive and side effects u know i stopped it..anyway..i can t remember..any regrow..but i used it only 4 5 months..then sopped...i stayed at dorm 2 years..my hair thickened..when i returned home at 18 my hair became thinning again..in my thoughts because of statrting over masturbating again...any story like me or idea?(my frontal hair is good now..if my hair is long and comb carefully..believe me u can t understand..even u say what a nice hair...however the truth i hate my hair..)
    inexpensive and natural treatments...

I highly doubt it. Someone posted something like this before and I'll quote the exact reply..."Would you be as concerned if you were having sex 3 times a day??"

I highly doubt it.

I can never understand why everyone always asks if masturbation can cause hairloss and never if sex can cause hairloss.
    And even if it could, would anybody here sacrifice sex for hair (except jeffsss)?
    Britannia to launch new Hairloss Shampoo range in July 2010! Ask me for details. No snake oils. No rip offs. UK only until US distributors found.

Also cheap UK based generic Finasteride available soon!

ok firstly..i said not for everyone..second 4 times a day and everyday effects somebody..because testeron rise..so why dont DHT rise?..third u can say for adults..do u think for 13 14 age olders having it 4 times a day..young bodies..of course some side effects can occur in SOMEBODY..if he has a bald family history..his hair cells are already weak against DHT because of genetics reasons..so why not??
    inexpensive and natural treatments...

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia
    And even if it could, would anybody here sacrifice sex for hair (except jeffsss)?
    I would. Once in a blue moon would be fine with me. But that's how it is now, I'm married.

I can never understand why everyone always asks if masturbation can cause hairloss and never if sex can cause hairloss.
    ensativo: :boid:

There is no scientific evidence showing a link between masturbation and hair loss.

If you can provide us with a link to a study, or trial, or even some sort of a research paper that indicates it, then that might change people's minds. There is all kinds of research out on the web... I strongly suggest you search around to see if anything is out there that backs up your claim.

However, I already know what the answer is because I have already done this, and there is no study that I could find that indicates that masturbation affects hairloss.

Other questions for you... do you KNOW if masturbation increases testosterone in the blood? If it does, do you really think that a testosterone "spike" from the one time act of whacking off would last long enough to foster changes in the body's tissue? Third, what does testosterone have to do with hairloss? Sure, DHT is a derivative of testosterone, but just because testosterone levels rise this does NOT mean that DHT levels rise... as this conversion process is driven by the 5ar enzymes which are NOT affected by masturbation.

In short, the idea that "masturbation causes hairloss" is as much of a foolish old wives' tale as the idea that masturbation causes blindness. Complete mythology.
    Bring Amber Lamps

Quote Originally Posted by The Gardener

Other questions for you... do you KNOW if masturbation increases testosterone in the blood? If it does, do you really think that a testosterone "spike" from the one time act of whacking off would last long enough to foster changes in the body's tissue? Third, what does testosterone have to do with hairloss? Sure, DHT is a derivative of testosterone, but just because testosterone levels rise this does NOT mean that DHT levels rise... as this conversion process is driven by the 5ar enzymes which are NOT affected by masturbation.

In short, the idea that "masturbation causes hairloss" is as much of a foolish old wives' tale as the idea that masturbation causes blindness. Complete mythology.
    not that i agree with the poster in the slightest bit..

but.. I think if testosterone were to rise.. then there would be more testosterone to convert to DHT.

just like if you took an anabolic sterioid. test increses.. hair decreases..

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsss
    Just having a giraffe mate. No offense intended.
    Britannia to launch new Hairloss Shampoo range in July 2010! Ask me for details. No snake oils. No rip offs. UK only until US distributors found.

Also cheap UK based generic Finasteride available soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsss
    Just having a giraffe mate. No offense intended.
    uh-huh