Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folligen

Folligen

folligen, tricomin

I purchased Folligen and have been using it for over a month. I am careful not to spray too much because if I do, it tends to irrate and slightly cause a burning feeling on my scalp. I spray it on at night and wash it out in the morning. (Maybe it gets irrated from all of the copper peptides Folligen puts in it. It is a lot more compared to Tricomin.)

I have used Tricomin (which uses copper peptides) and the only thing I noticed was some itching at the beginning but that has gone away. Overall, I am very happy with how Tricomin has worked for me so far. I quickly saw a difference in how my hair felt and the number of hairs I was losing a day was cut in half.

Even though Tricomin is more expensive, I like it better than Folligen. Tricomin had the partial FDA trials which is probably why they are more expensive. However, at this point, I am so desparate for help with my AGA that I would be willing to buy it to do something positive about my hairloss & lack of regrowth. Tricomin has been one of the only treatments that has been beneficial to my hair in a short period of time.

You can try Folligen to see how it affects you (as it may be different for everyone) but I'm not planning on reordering. I am going to stick for Tricomin for a while since it is a lot gentlier on my scalp and is showing some good improvement.

Good luck,
    Nay

Folligen

I began using Folligen cream (for the thinner parts of scalp) and Folligen spray for other areas. I noticed the tingling and got Fluocinonide Cream USP, 0.05% from my dermatologist---the tingling disappears. (I think the brand name is LIDEX).
    I also use a little ELIDEL cream (a prescription item) in the morning, after I shampoo. It has been on TV commercials lately and is supposed to help the skin's immune system. I use it with my dermatologist's approval.
    Also, after almost a month, my shedding has about disappeared, to the point there is no hair on my comb on some mornings.
    I plan to keep using Folligen for at least several more months, and begin to use Rogaine 5% again, now that my scalp is healthier.
    I also use Nizoral 2% once a week, and Nizoral 1% once a week.
    mariejoe
    low carb fan

Folligen update:
    It'll be four months in a couple of days. I'd say there is some hair growing, but not much REgrowth, it's still thin in spots. It's kinda obvious, the new hair is pretty much all grey. Never thought I'd be glad to see grey hair.
    However, one spot I DIDN'T apply Folligen to thinned very badly, so Folligen is definitely keeping the shedding/thinning from worsening. Needless to say, I apply Folligen to a greater area now!
    mariejoe
    low carb fan

What color is your natural roots? Might it have something to do with the natural aging process? Some women start salt & pepper color development as early as their middle age...

XL
    "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning!"

My real hair color is mousey brown (yuk). I use a non-peroxide color, Clairol Radiance, to richen my hair color. Since I'm 51, I guess it is normal to see more grey hair, and that is what's coming in. But, boo-hoo, prior to last fall, I had very little grey hair. Maybe the damage to my follicles from seb.derm. has "aged" the follicles to produce grey hair (or however the science works)?? If all I can get is grey hair, bring it on!! Grey hair is better than thin hair !!!!!
    mariejoe
    low carb fan

Well, for now all I can recommend is to do everything in your power to reverse whatever you may think has caused the follicle aging. But don't let the gray hair bring you down. Like you said... grey hair is better than thin hair or no hair, and it's a sign of maturity anyways, so you can't go wrong!

XL
    "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning!"

Great news. I got a new perm yesterday and my stylist said my hair looks and feels much healthier, there is some regrowth, about one-inch, and most of the regrowth is not grey.

When I got a cut from her and I thought my hair was doing MUCH better 8 weeks ago (no excess shedding after shampooing), she told me she freaked when she saw all the hair on my comb! Since I told her how good I thought it was doing, she was afraid to freak me out and tell me. Bottom line: no combful of hair yesterday at the stylist.

Four months of Folligen: it must be working!!

P.S. To allow Fooligen to really work, I sometimes apply it as early as 3 in the afternoon. The longer it's on, the better it works?!?
    mariejoe
    low carb fan

To Mariejoe

Hi--

Just wanted to check in about the Folligen, since I just started using it. Are you still using it and happy with it? I'm reading your more current posts and haven't seen you mention it...

Sorry Mariejoe--I just checked your thread, and you ARE still using it. In light of what's going on now, do you think it stopped working, or do you think it's still helped?