Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is the best topical DHT blocker?

Hello,
    I have mild hair loss. I am looking for some DHT blocker that I can use on my scalp to help prevent or slow down hair loss. Can you experts list some products that have worked for you and any know side effects associated with the product. Thanks

A lot of people on here, including HLT the moderator have had success with revivogen. This is a topical DHT inhibitor (yes yes I know saying DHT inhibitor is incorrect but hes a newbie so dont start) which has good science backing it. I personally dont use it, I use Propecia, but if you would rather go topcial than oral then I dont think theres anything better than revivogen.
    Britannia to launch new Hairloss Shampoo range in July 2010! Ask me for details. No snake oils. No rip offs. UK only until US distributors found.

Also cheap UK based generic Finasteride available soon!

Revivogen is really messy and it must be on the scalp for a minimum of three hours, per instructions from the manufacturer. You don't want to go anywhere with this stuff on your head, and your pillow will be a mess if you sleep with it applied, so I don't know how anyone uses it. I tried it but couldn't find a way to work it into my day very easily.

Spiro dries in 10 minutes and leaves virtually no residue. If I had to choose just one anti-DHT topical, I would use spiro.
    A song don't have much meaning, if it don't have nothin' to say; what she could do was magic son, all I could do was play. -- Harry Chapin

dude, you need oral meds.

why bother with topical nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsss

Because some people cannot tolerate oral meds. Some people cannot absorb medication in the GI tract. Some people genuinely have bad side effects on oral meds. Some people have phobias against pills. Oh and some people simply prefer to use topical treatments rather than oral.
    Britannia to launch new Hairloss Shampoo range in July 2010! Ask me for details. No snake oils. No rip offs. UK only until US distributors found.

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia

Because some people cannot tolerate oral meds. Some people cannot absorb medication in the GI tract. Some people genuinely have bad side effects on oral meds. Some people have phobias against pills. Oh and some people simply prefer to use topical treatments rather than oral.
    meh...

Jeffsss I have a court case coming up and with those argument skills you have I would love to have you represent me.

Jeffsss I have a court case coming up and with those argument skills you have I would love to have you represent me.
    come on man.. a phobia to taking a pill?

how am i going to argue that?

come on man.. a phobia to taking a pill?

how am i going to argue that?
    Ive met hundreds of people with a phobia against taking pills. And these are people with heart condtions and not simply MPB.

jeffsss, you never stop complaining about propecia, with your alarming posts, so you should know better, to talk about topical nonsense,if your joking fair enough.

i had to come off propecia, due to sexual sides, but i dont keep making alarmist threads, about it. yes of course it should be tried first, but that wasnt the question asked.

spiro 5%
    revovigen
    ( you need both, one compliments the other)

scott diaz ,go with those i havnt bought my revovigen yet,so i cant comment how messy it is, but you only need to apply once at night, so who cares what it looks like when your asleep