Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Feel Like Crying Affecting Me Bad

God i just got a hair cut and i have lost so much hair on my crown vertex, you can see my shiny scalp. Noticing it alot more towards the front too.Im sure its down to the itch so going to the derm on wed hopefully he'll send me in the right direction, fingers crossed...!!!

Anybody got any other ideas just feel like buzzing my head,. but know i wont suit it!!

Im starting t-gel and niz again still dont think it'll get rid of the itch though. Had to stop it before as i thought it was causing irritation

Proscar - 4 month
    Tricomin Shampoo & Conditioner

Tried Niz, T-Gel, Jasons Thin to Thick, Alphasol,Tricomin therapy spray with dropper and Beta Val Steriod from doctor

What should i be asking the derm? should i be asking for him to check my thyroid levels??

thanks

finasteride, then dutas 1mg/d 2005, now dutas 2mg/d 9/12
    minoxidil BID topical, minox 10mg po daily
    nizoral/AHK / 1% hctz shampoo
    With itching it is important to rule out inflammation (caused by autoimmune problems, folliculitis) which might require specific diagnosis and treatment. The doctor can help do this. If it is purely MPB (as crown and vertex loss suggests) then the common treatments (Finasteride, nizoral) will help. Additionally your tricomin spray may help fight inflammation while minox (dr Lee's is easiest to use) may help regrowth. Shaving is a personal choice... If you think it will help you not worry about your hair it may be a good idea and will make it easier to apply treatments... Give them more than 4 months to decide if they are working or not. Good luck.

Have a good cry. Let it all out.

Could the derm do this or is it only the doctor, what would i ask him??

Give it the chop man! It's funny actually. I thought I looked ridiculous the first couple days of having a shiny dome in the army, but after a while it grew on me. My head stopped being so pale from having hair that now I think it looks good. I can't imagine myself WITH hair. In fact, I look at the pictures of me when my hair was still decent and I laugh. Re****ingTarded

But I know the feeling. The apprehension of getting a buzz cut is horrid. But trust me, you'll be glad you did.

And it makes accepting the fact you are going bald a lot easier. No way to hide it, but you don't really have anything to HIDE in the first place. No one really cares that guys go bald save the guys losing their hair. An ounce of acceptance is worth a ton of potential "cures" in my book. I feel a lot better about myself knowing that I just don't care about it anymore.

It's worth a shot.

(turns off ramble machine)
    ---Stingray---
    The key to immortality is to not die.

Kev - have you ever tried emu oil? I think that's what a lot of guys use for the itchies.
    hair_tomorrow@usa.com ~ NW5A ~ Dut: 2x weekly; Proscar: 1 mg 4x weekly ~ Minomuck ~ SuperZix II ~ Copper Peptides ~ Shampoos: rotate Dr. Lee's Regrowth, "Thicker Fuller Hair" w/ caffeine, Biotin w/ TTO ~ Emu & Essential Oils ~ Varied OTC Supplements

Ye tried that also, fingers crossed the derm wil be to the rescue

Good luck man - it seems like you've been enduring this for a long while now.
    hair_tomorrow@usa.com ~ NW5A ~ Dut: 2x weekly; Proscar: 1 mg 4x weekly ~ Minomuck ~ SuperZix II ~ Copper Peptides ~ Shampoos: rotate Dr. Lee's Regrowth, "Thicker Fuller Hair" w/ caffeine, Biotin w/ TTO ~ Emu & Essential Oils ~ Varied OTC Supplements

You seem to have had this problem for ages now. Shaveing your head will help with the feeling of helplessness and should help out your scalp. Be easy to apply a scalp moisturiser.
    "Still worshipping God? Last I heard, he started worshipping me, hahaha" Lord Flashheart

Derm tommorrow, hopefully he'll have an idea what to do. What should i ask for, should i go for a thyroid test?