Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

DOES ASPARTAME CAUSES HAIR LOSS???

The mother ****ers have approved a deadly substance... now I understood whats going on. I drink a big bottle (1.5 littre) of diet coke each day for the last 7-8 years. In a previous topic by traxdata I found out that aspartame may cause hair loss. It also causes memory loss and the feeling of "feeling in a fog" which are EXACTLY the problems I have for the last years and didnt know why!!!!!...

I CUT right now diet coke and all the other diet products, and I hope the symptoms to be reversible. This might be a side cause for my hair loss.
    I also hope the other symptoms that exist in http://www.dorway.com/badnews.html not to happen to me!!! (or anyone else)

------------DONT TRUST FDA!!!---------------
    Do a HT as long as you are young. Dont lose your youth because of that f***ing disease.

finasteride, then dutas 1mg/d 2005, now dutas 2mg/d 9/12
    minoxidil BID topical, minox 10mg po daily
    nizoral/AHK / 1% hctz shampoo

Quote Originally Posted by thylax
    DOES ASPARTAME CAUSES HAIR LOSS???
    No

Male Pattern Baldness is caused by sensitivity of follicles to the hormone DHT.
    Bring Amber Lamps

Re: DOES ASPARTAME CAUSES HAIR LOSS???

Quote Originally Posted by thylax
    It also causes memory loss and the feeling of "feeling in a fog" which are EXACTLY the problems I have for the last years and didnt know why!!!!!...

-

So does dope, alcohol, lack of sleep, stress, ADD, malnutrition, Down's Syndrome, brain trauma, old age, stokes, seizures, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's, depression, dementia, etc., what made you narrow the source of your problem to Aspartame? If somebody said eating sardines makes your penis small, I don't think I would immediatly blame sardines for God's little joke on me.

Dude, why were you drinking 1.5 litres of diet coke every day for the past 7 years? That's just ridiculously unhealthy....

I did a paper on aspartame back in college too.

The amounts of methanol in aspartame (nutra sweet) are too miniscule to cause problems in the body. You would really have to drink a real ****load of it all at once to have it cause any noticeable effect on you.

HOWEVER, the OTHER chemical in the tandem, phenylaline, has caused problems in a number of people. Some people have a natural aversion or incompatibility with amounts of this amino in their bloodstream if unlinked to others. This is a condition called 'phenylalikeurotic' or something like that, and people who have it can get rather violently ill if they ingest aspartame in quantity.

Another aspartame fact... it does break down very easily, especially if exposed to heat. So, don't store it in, say, a warm garage in quantity. A relatively short period of exposure can ruin your soda, and you can tell when you drink it because the soda won't taste very sweet anymore, and it will greatly reduce the level of carbonation and the soda will seem 'flat'.
    Bring Amber Lamps