Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Propecia

Propecia

Have been splitting Proscar into 1/4s for the last year...Does any one know if the efficacy of Finasteride is reduced through contact with air. By the time I consume the last prtion it has been in contact with air for 4days???
    Cheers and best of luck all

I just asked my doctor and the answer is no. So, don't worry about it.

you can also store the cut pills in an airtight bag or container :wink:
    So I went to the dentist the other day;
    He said "okay open your mouth and say Aaaaaaaaah."
    I said "Why?"
    He said "My dog's just died."

One thing to note, finasteride should be kept in your closet in something, I use to keep mine on top of the fridge, and the doctor said it can hinder the medication, because of the temperature, same if it's kept above the stove in a cupboard, etc.

I am currently paying $95 for 30 proscar tablets to be shipped to me in the UK, that amounts to about 60 for me. Does any one know where I can buy cheaper Proscar (I would prefer to stick to proscar than go for any of the other generics just yet). Thanks and best of luck to u all

Cutting proscar

Hiya guys!

I've been reading these forums a bit earlier but now i finally decided to register myself.
    I wanted to ask for your advice in few matters considering me.
    I'm taking now only 1/4 proscar, mostly because i've been too lazy to consider any further treatments.
    Now, however, i've noticed it doesn't help too much to take _only_ proscar and decided to get some nizoral too. What difference does it make if you use niz 1% comparing to niz 2%?
    And how often should they be used ?

And then another thing.
    At the moment I have a simple piller cutter. It's very hard to make equad quarters with the cutter (since the pills are pretty bitchy shaped :wink: ).
    How crucial is it to make the quarters similar? I mean does the irregular size of the dosage make a big difference? How harmful is it for the treatment ?
    I've been thinking of a possibility to crush the pill and try to divide the powder into four parts.
    How do you cut them ?
    Thanks already!

Ps. Please try to tolerate my crappy english. Since i'm not a native english speaker I most likely will do a lot of "bad english"

Nizoral, 1 or 2 % it's suppose to do the same effect but the study was done with the 2%. If you are from the U.S, You'll need a prescription to obtain the 2%.

As for Proscar, I make my first cut with the pill cutter and then I do the other cuts with a razor blade. It's much easier that way.
    :lol:

righty..

Hehe thanks for your reply Earth!
    No offence but I coulnd't help noticing that "If you are from U.S". I've always known you people living in North America aren't always very much aware about the existence of the rest of the world but still I thought that "Scandinavia" next to the word "location" under my name would ring a bell . Well if there's somebody else who doesn't know, for the record I will tell that Scandinavia is located in Northern Europe. It's a common name used for such countries as Norway, Sweden and Finland.
    And no, we don't have any polar bears here either :wink: .
    However my location is insignificant and what's important is the matters I earlier highlighted.
    Still I would like to know how big difference does it make if the dosage isn't exactly the same sized every day?

propecia/proscar

Exl,
    No it doesn't matter in the long haul. And I hate that people from other parts of the world are stereotypical of people from N. America. Yeah it was kinda funny :lol: that "Earth" didn't realize where Scandinavia was (actually he/she/it probably didn't pay attention to "location:") but that doesn't mean we aren't aware of the rest of the world - we just don't care! :lol: j/k of course